Printing is the art that changes items’ looks wholly by various exclusive designs. Over time, printing gets advanced because of numerous latest technologies. Now people can print on any item by using modern sources.
There are various types of printing that are applicable in different fields. Some are specific and used for large projects like sublimation, etc. And some are known as common or regular printing methods. People have a question: can you use sublimation ink for regular printing? In other words, most users have no idea about the procedure and other facts considered in both sublimation printing and regular printing.
Here in this topic, we discuss the confusing points related to the ink used with sublimation and regular printing. So, for now, the answer to all such kinds of questions is to keep reading this topic thoroughly.
Can You Use Sublimation Ink For Regular Printing?
The one of most commonly asked questions from people is the use of sublimation ink for regular printing. Before we go into the deep discussion of this Question, we firstly want to give its simple answer, so the simple answer to this question is “No” that we can’t use the sublimation ink for regular printing because there is a difference in the procedure of printing and sublimation work.
There are different causes that result in sublimation ink not being suitable for regular printing. Let’s move to the main reasons that explore why we can’t use sublimation in inkjet printers or regular printing.
- The first reason is that sublimation inks provide ideal results after transferring from a specific procedure. Because sublimation is the process of changing solid directly into a gas without touching a liquid state, if you use sublimation ink on common paper, etc., it may damage your project, or the image you want appears less bright.
- Another reason is that most regular printers’ mechanisms and functionality don’t allow sublimation ink for printing. The sublimation ink is specialized that you can’t use on any printer or for the printing process. Because when you use ink on a regular printer, it provides zero results.
So these are the two main reasons that explore the answer to the question better.
Difference between Sublimation Ink and Regular Ink
The world has become advanced in various fields and brings surprising techniques for human life. Printing something on objects has become the profession of many people. Therefore people have numerous questions about printing techniques and sources that support printing.
Ink is the main component used in both sublimation and regular printing. Now people want to know whether using sublimation ink for regular printing is either possible or not. So there Question is hidden in knowing the difference between sublimation ink and regular ink.
Sublimation ink is used to print t-shirts, pictures, and other specific coated objects. The procedure of ink utilization is based on a process that pressurizes ink into the gas that finally sticks on the paper, shirt, or objects permanently.
But the procedure of utilizing ink on regular printing is different. When you try to use this in a regular printer, it damages your printer. So be careful in the use of sublimation ink and select the supportive printers for the sublimation ink.
Printers That Support Sublimation Ink For Regular Printing
There are mainly two types of printers known as compatible and non-compatible printers. Sublimation ink is not applicable in printers with conventional thermal technology like canon and hp printers.
While the printers that support sublimation printing and regular printing are Epson printers, in these printers, the technology which is used is known as piezo technology. Because of piezo technology, these printers support both kinds of printing easily.
The noted printers of Epson that support regular printing are given below
- Epson Ecotank Models 2000-5000
- Epson WF-Models 1000-7600
- Sawgrass SG500
So these are some names of printers that you can utilize for your regular printing.
Now we discuss some important points that help complete your printing projects successfully.
- The first and main thing is to understand the different technologies used in various printers.
- Sublimation ink is specialized in specific printers, so never tries to use it in your regular printers or for printing.
- In case of ink leakage into printers, suddenly take it to a repair store.
This article is all about the most common question: Can you use sublimation ink for regular printing? The answer is no because there is a difference between sublimation and regular printing mechanisms. Here we explained all the confusion you have about using sublimation ink for regular printing. I hope you like the topic.